Lockdown #3 – What’s changed?
Essentially nothing has really changed for us – we are still here for you and your pets!
The surgery is still operating to our normal hours Monday – Friday 8.30am-6.30pm and Saturdays 8.30am-12noon. Consultations are still by appointment only at all times and we are asking clients to continue to come to the back door of the surgery and wait outside until called. As one of our consulting rooms is very small and we cannot maintain a 2-metre distance we are asking you to wait outside whilst we examine your pet when that room is in use. The new variant of COVID -19 is at least 50% more contagious than the initial variant and this measure has been introduced to reduce the chance of transmission within the practice and to alleviate concerns of staff when working. Masks are of course obligatory for anyone entering the practice and in the consulting rooms and we have adequate supplies of hand sanitiser for your use.
Operations are continuing as normal, but some routine surgery may need to be postponed reducing the number of people coming to the surgery.
We have a gazebo at the rear of the surgery with some seating for you to wait in. Unfortunately, due to wind damage, the sides have had to be removed, so although we can keep the rain off it is a bit cold waiting so please wrap up warm.
What are we doing to prevent the spread of COVID19?
- If you have an appointment with us and are concerned about the current situation, we are offering our clients the option to call us when they are here and waiting outside, whether that be on foot or in their vehicle.
- We have chairs outside at the back of the surgery where you can wait until called for your appointment. There is also a gazebo at the back of the surgery as we are keeping the front door locked to reduce the number of people inside the surgery to a minimum.
- We are asking our clients to be aware of the situation and their health when booking appointments, operations and visiting the surgery – Saturday morning open surgery has now been suspended and we are operating an appointment system only throughout the week. This allows us to reduce the number of clients waiting at any one time.
- We have medical alcohol sanitiser gel for your hands and ask you to use it when arriving at and leaving the surgery.
- We are wiping down our consult rooms, waiting and reception area with Chemgene HLD4I instrument disinfectant wipes. These wipes are impregnated with a multi-active disinfectant salutation that is alcohol free and tested to EN standards as effective against a range of bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeasts & mycobacteria.
What do I do if I am diagnosed with COVID19 or think I have symptoms of it?
- Please call our surgery if you require long-term medication for your pet. Please DO NOT attempt to visit the surgery.
- We are offering phone consultations to our clients who are unable to get to the practice, enabling clients to discuss with one of our Veterinary Surgeon’s any concerns just like a consultation. Please telephone the surgery and arrange a time for a call back.
How do I go about visiting the practice during the COVID19 pandemic?
- We are open during our normal hours of 8:30am – 6:30pm – Monday to Friday and 8.30am - 12 noon on Saturdays. The BVA (British Veterinary Assocation) have recently posted an article regarding COVID19. To date, there is NO EVIDENCE that our companion animals can spread the disease. This means there is no justification in taking measures against them which may compromise their welfare.
For more information on COVID-19 and your pet click here
WE WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL WE ARE TOLD OTHERWISE
We are here should any of our clients need us via email, telephone or Facebook.email@example.com